Earth is a fertile ground where things are materialized, buried, then recreated again. Inspired by this procreation process, artist Galuh Anindita muddled and mold the earthly delights into atypical body adornments—MAHIJA.
MAHIJA, Sanskrit for “daughter of the earth”, comprehends an unorthodox approach to primordial ideals of beauty. Brass, silver, and gold are forged, smelted, electrified; through various techniques transcended into unusually gigantic, bizarre, yet voluptuous shapes that offers a rarely studied, esoteric presentation of charm and divinity.
In its discourse, MAHIJA transforms body adornment into a more sacred, religious experience—a process of bodifying oneself’s unembodied Self.
Welcome to unearthing your primal feminine.
Dewi Fashion Knight in Jakarta Fashion Week 2016 at Senayan City, Jakarta
Contemporary Dance Performance “SENYAWA” in ARTJOG at JNM, Yogyakarta
MQ Vienna Fashion Week in Vienna at the Museum Quartier, Austria
Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 at Senayan City, Jakarta
PESONA in Jakarta Fashion Week 2019
Plaza Indonesia Fashion Week
Lulu Lutfi Labibi Spring/Summer 2020 "Sewindu Bercerita", Jogja National Museum, Yogyakarta
Kelly Rowland music video "Hitman", featuring Gold-plated Copper Bodice Sculpture from collaboration with Harry Halim Paris for Resort 2021 collection
- Dewi Magazine, fashion spread editorial, February 2016
- Cleo Magazine, cover and fashion spread editorial, June 2016
- Fashion TV Magazine, fashion spread editorial, July 2016
- Fashion TV, fashion film directed by Ignasius Bramantya, 2016
- NET TV, worn by Najwa Shihab for Indonesian Choice Award 2018
- Dewi Magazine, fashion spread editorial, May 2018
- Dewi Magazine, fashion spread editorial, August 2018
- Dewi Magazine, feature "Mahija, Kelebat Mimpi Sang Perupa", December 2019
- LINEAL, cover and article, first edition December 2020